10 MONTH IMMERSIVE YOGA STUDY
YOGA & SOMATICS
200 Hour Teacher Training
Evolve • Raleigh, NC
September 2018 -
219 Oberlin Road
About 200 Hour Teacher Training
This 200-hour program is composed of 10 intensive weekends, weekly classes, observing, assisting, practice teaching, and mentoring with EmbodiYoga® Teachers. The program is designed to give you time for learning, integration, practice, and application in a yoga studio environment and community.
The immersive curriculum interweaves: Embodied anatomy, yoga philosophy and theoretical foundations, principles of somatic leaning and teaching, functional alignment, safe foundational sequencing, asana, breath, and meditation. Students will learn to actively grow their practice from within, finding structure and integrity by opening deeper layers of kinesthetic awareness. While shedding new light on the inner workings of the asana, this approach offers an embodied exploration of the transformative and creative potential of the yoga form.
THIS UNIQUE TRAINING WILL:
- Support individual evolution by giving you the tools to live in a creative, authentic and life nurturing way.
- Encourage you to move beyond a formulaic approach to performing asana in order to understand the more subtle and deeply transformative aspects.
- Challenge you to perceive the essence of each posture from different body systems, developing and expanding consciousness into all tissues of the body.
- Provide the clarity and insight of EmbodiYoga® to find awareness, ease and fullness in your practice and teaching.
THE 10-MONTH IMMERSIVE CURRICULUM INTERWEAVES THE FOLLOWING:
- Asana Foundations & Breath
- Embodied Anatomy
- Yoga Philosophy & Theoretical Foundations
- Principles of Somatic Learning and Teaching
- Safe Foundational Sequencing
- Class Planning
- How To Use Props
- Mentoring, Teaching and Assisting
- How the Body Moves
- Developmental Origins of Natural Movement
2018: Sept 14-16 • Oct 26-28 • Nov 9-11 • Dec 14-16
2019: Jan 25-27 • Feb 15-17 Mar 15-17 Apr 26-28 May 24-26 Jun 21-23
Friday 6:00-8:00pm / Saturday 12:30-6pm / Sunday 12:30-4pm
** 2017 Program currently in session. Not taking new students until after June 2018.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR THE PROGRAM
- The first step is to fill out the application for the Program.
- You will be asked to submit a $300 deposit with the application to hold your place. If accepted into the program this deposit will be applied to your tuition. Otherwise it will be refunded in full. Deposits are non-refundable after your acceptance in the course has been confirmed. You can also submit your deposit by credit card online or by calling EVOLVE studio at (919) 828-4525.
- You will be contacted to schedule a phone interview with the Raleigh Program Director Julee Snyder where all aspects of the program will be addressed.
- Upon acceptance you will be sent an information packet including the syllabus, assignments and required reading for the program.
- Mailed applications are sent with deposit to :
Julee Snyder, EmbodiYoga Raleigh
219 Oberlin Road
Cost: $3000 due by August 1.
(The early bird rate is $2800 if paid in full by July 1.)
Payments should be made out to EVOLVE Movement and mailed to :
219 Oberlin Rd Raleigh, NC 27605
You can also submit your payment by credit card online or by calling EVOLVE studio at (919) 828-4525.
We are a school that meets the Yoga Alliance requirements for the 200-300-500 hour level registry. Students accepted into the program are required to attend all sessions.