Dynamic Alignment : New Relationships In The Practice of Yoga, Yellow Tree Yoga, Troy, Ohio
DATES: June 29-30, 2019
This workshop explores how our practice changes when we shift our attention to the contents of the body. Organs, fascia and other types of connective tissue all are part of our internal environment. They have an important role in supporting three-dimensional movement and posture, providing fullness and buoyancy from within, and give us new experiences of volume, fluidity, and connectivity. When embodied, they illuminate internal relationships and pathways from inner to outer expression, and create new opportunities to re-experience ourselves inthe practice of yoga.
This workshop will grow your kinesthetic awareness of multiple body systems and give you a fresh perspective on yoga, breath and alignment. You will learn to sense and explore movement through the contents of the body, and ways to integrate this information into your practice and teaching:
• Sequencing that creates integration of the organs, connective tissue and the skeleton, to effect postural efficacy vital to eliminating strain and tension.
• Alignment principles of the upper body. Pathways and relationships between the lungs, heart, and diaphragm in support of the head and neck, ribs, shoulders and arms, cervical and thoracic spine.
• Alignment principles of the lower body. Pathways and relationships between the abdominal organs, and pelvic diaphragm in support of the lumbar and sacral spine, pelvis, legs and feet.
• Pranayama : The embryological evolution of the breath and prana .
* CEUS available for Yoga Teachers
For more information and to register, please contact Mary Borton / Yellow Tree Yoga : firstname.lastname@example.org or www.yellowtreeyoga.com
Yellow Tree Yoga
103 E Main St,